Did everyone survive that National Donut Day, er, week of sugary goodies? If you’re just now finishing off the last sprinkled treat, you may want to skip out on those Saturday baking plans, but that doesn’t mean you have to forget about making and crafting altogether. Whether you’re in need of the perf Father’s Day present or you’re looking for some fun ways to amp up your next pool party, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Boozy Gummy Bears: You’ll be winning at summer with a batch of these boozy bears in your arsenal of treats. We did all the “hard” work of experimenting with different gummy flavors and alcohol to discover which batch of gummy bear goodness you should bring to your next pool party or BBQ. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Instagram Photo Holders: Get those summer snaps off your Insta-feed and out on display IRL with this colorful DIY photo holder. Plain wood blocks let you get as creative as you like with summery colors and all your favorite craft supplies (read: pom poms). (via Design Improvised)
4. DIY Donut Sunglass Case: Donut lovers unite! Pull out the felt and hot glue to make this adorable no-sew sunglass case. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
5. DIY Wooden Jewelry Box: The arrival of summer means you’re due for some new bling and a cute box to store it in. Make felt rolls so you won’t lose all those dainty little earrings and rings. (via The Beauty Dojo)
6. DIY Outdoor Pillows and Picnic Blanket: Your picnic party will be the most colorful one on the hill with this easy DIY. Picnic-ing can be uncomfortable, so make sure you bring along two or three of these cheery throw pillows to cushion the hard ground. (via The Crafted Life)
7. DIY Cactus Roll Up Mat: There’s nothing more annoying than tracking dirt and sand into your tent. Make sure you bring this adorable cactus mat with you on your next camping trip. You can use an old yoga mat for this project, and once the weekend is over, you can just roll it up and store in your tent bag. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Gold Leaf Planter: Hack a plain planter with stripes of gold leaf to make it extra luxe. Sometimes it’s the easiest projects that make the biggest statement in your space. (via A Place of My Taste)
9. DIY Mini Cinder Block Planters: With the whole fairy garden thing trending hard, plants are getting tinier and cuter. DIY these mini cinder blocks and fill them with faux succulents or teeny air plants. Use them as fridge magnets or glue them to pins for the trendiest bulletin board ever. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
10. DIY Giant Jenga: You’ll never go back to the real thing after giving this giant version a try. Next time you host a pool party or an outdoor game night, make sure you’ve got this game ready to go and let the good times roll… or tumble to the ground. (via Brit + Co)
What are you planning on making this weekend? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative! And follow us on Pinterest for even more summer DIY ideas.