By Darryl K. Taft
August 14, 2015
Summary Notes of Article:
* Both IBM and Adobe announced they received government FedRAMP authorization for products and services that cater to the U.S. federal government.
* IBM’s MaaS360 platform is the first Enterprise Mobility Management solution to get a P-ATO, Provisional Authorization to Operate, from FedRAMP Joint Authorization Board (JAB).
* Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Connect also received FedRAMP authorization.
* FedRAMP is a government authorization that provides a standard approach to security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services.
* MaaS360 is currently used by over 50 federal organizations to securely enable their mobile technology. Now, it has authorization to be used across all federal agencies. MaaS360 enables enterprises to monitor and control portable devices like smartphones, tablets and personally owned devices.
* Anne Altman, general manager of IBM Federal, said in a statement that federal agencies are demanding secure mobility solutions to improve services to citizens, the military and government workers.
* Adobe’s certification makes them the first FedRAMP cloud service provider to deliver electronic forms with e-signatures, Web content management, web-conferencing, eLearning, and document rights management. Vice president and CTO of Adobe’s public sector business unit, John Ladwehr, said this certification proves Adobe is capable of complying with the highest security demands, while providing engaging and efficient digital government solutions across devices.
Here’s an interesting article about IBM and Adobe products getting FedRAMP approval for cloud services. Both companies are excited to be able to comply with the highest standards of security demanded by this certification. MaaS360 is currently used by over 50 federal organizations to securely enable their mobile technology. Now, it has authorization to be used across all federal agencies.
Cloud & Network Consultant
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadewitte
For a LinkedIn connection request use this email: email@example.com
By Jade Witte